Young people around the globe meet Korea.
Korea, on the road – Travel, enjoy and taste Korea!
Discover the New Korea.
Presidential Council on National Branding and Hyundai Motor Company are seeking applications for the New Thinking․New Korea, ‘Korea Brand Expedition’
This project entails traveling a region in South Korea with an international group of friends for four days and producing creative works on the subjects that are inspired from the trip. During the trip, participants will spread their works through online tools and help international audiences discover new aspects of Korea.
1. Program Summary
○ Title : New Thinking․New Korea; Korea, on the road – Travel, enjoy and taste Korea!
○ Host: Presidential Council on National Branding, Hyundai Motor Company
○ Size: 180 Koreans and foreigners aged 18 and older, living in and outside Korea
① [Preparatory work] Attend orientations and workshops on content creation in August; get instructions on content production, establish travel and exploration plans within each group and create plans for the content
② [Exploration] Spend three nights, four days in September or October depending on the region and explore the area according to the plan
③ [Content publicizing] Turn the experience of the exploration into a creative work during the travel and post the work on one’s blogs, SNS as well as on the council’s blog, koreabrand.net or Hyundai Motor’s web site to attract wider reader
○ Regional exploration schedule
① Exploring Seoul Gyeonggi region: Sept. 20 (Tue) ~ Sept. 23 (Fri)
② Exploring Chungcheong region: Sept. 27 (Tue) ~ Sept. 30 (Fri)
③ Exploring Yeongnam region: Oct. 4 (Tue) ~ Oct. 7 (Fri)
④ Exploring Gangwon region: Oct. 11 (Tue) ~ Oct. 14 (Fri)
⑤ Exploring Jeju region: Oct. 18 (Tue) ~ Oct. 21 (Fri)
⑥ Exploring Honam region: Oct. 25 (Tue) ~ Oct. 28 (Fri)
○ Benefits to participants
① Expenses for 3 nights, 4 days exploration including lodging, transportation and food.
② Awards for selected creative works (Presidential Council on National Branding
Prize, Hyundai Motor Prize)
③ A certificate from Presidential Council on National Branding prooving the participation in the program
④ Small payment for content creation
2. Admission Process
1) Admission Schedule
○ Program notice and application acceptance period: July 5, 2011 (Tue) ~ July 31 (Sun)
○ Interview candidate announcement: August 4 (Thu)
○ Interview: August 9 (Tue) – 10 (Wed)
○ Successful Candidate Announcement: August 12 (Fri)
* Successful candidates will be contacted individually and results will be posted on koreabrand.net
○ Welcoming ceremony: August (Location to be announced later)
○ People who have interests in discovering the unknown aspects of Korea and have passion about publicizing them overseas.
○ People who can actively carry out online activities to promote national brand and enhance national image of Korea
○ People who can unearth stories that could fascinate global audiences and present them through creative work.
[Additional skills preferred]
– Language proficiency and the ability to communicate with foreigners
– Ability to utilize SNS tools
– Photography, video production skills
– 90 people each from Koreans and foreigners
(participants will form a group of four that consists of two Koreans and two foreigners)
4) How to apply
○ Applications: Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Fill out application forms either in Korean or English
※ For questions about the program, please contact
New Thinking․New Korea, ‘Korea Brand Expedition’ Office
Manager Chung Jun-yong, or Senior Manager Kim Ji-hyun
(Tel. 02-6009-3320, 3303)